The central struggle of parenthood is to let our hopes for our children outweigh our fears.

-Ellen Goodman

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Friends


Eli LOVES to get together with his friends. He's been an only child for so long that it's been a big treat to be able to have someone to play with. Cade and Eli had fun wearing "hats" when he and I went to visit the Morses in February.

We also love getting together with the Hensleys (Carson, IA). Ella, 5, and Hayden, 3 posed for this photo in March. Eli, Ella, and Hayden all have May birthdays so they're all exactly a year apart from each other. Parker will have a hard time keeping up with them!

The Hensleys came to visit us a few weeks ago to see Parker for the first time. We had fun playing in the pool. I think Ella's comment was, "Eli I love your big honkin pool!" It's really not all that big, but to a five year old I think it probably seems big. They had so much fun I definitely want to do it again. Eli and Ella look pretty cute embracing in the pool. I asked Eli once if Ella is his sweetie and he told me "She's just my friend Mom!" He gets really embarrassed if you talk about him having a "sweetie".

No comments: