The central struggle of parenthood is to let our hopes for our children outweigh our fears.

-Ellen Goodman

Friday, July 25, 2008

Parker is a Baby Doll

I've been getting up bright and early to take Eli to swimming lessons this week. He's doing great, but I'm having a heck of a time dragging the baby carrier (Parker is clearly gaining weight) and trying to keep track of Eli. We've managed though. Marshall went back to work this week so we're back on our own. Eli is disappointed of course. Nothing like having your 4 year old burst into tears in the morning at the thought of spending the day with you rather than daddy. Thankfully I'm fairly cold hearted and it doesn't phase me. Well, dad was able to attend a couple of swim lessons this week and was holding Parker sitting on the bench with me. During Eli's swimming lesson there is a water aerobics class also taking place. The instructor came over when they were done and mentioned that they thought Marshall was actually holding a doll and not a real baby! Of course we think Parker is pretty darn cute, but it was fun having the ladies ooo and ahh over her. Pictures to follow at some point. I hate my camera.

No comments: